Before you get all patriotic and fly your little Canadian flags in celebration of Canada Day and, presumably, of being Canadian, think about it. Are you really proud to be:
– the second worst of all the industrialized countries when it comes to sulfur dioxide emissions
– the second worst when it comes to carbon monoxide emissions
– the second worst when it comes to greenhouse gas emissions (we pump out 48% more greenhouse gas emissions per capita than the OECD average, up about 13% since 1990, in violation of our international commitments)
– second only to the States with regard to water consumption
– the third worst when it comes to energy consumption
– the second worst when it comes to energy efficiency
– fourth worst when it comes to producing ozone-depleting stuff
– not even in the top ten with regard to garbage production per person (we’re 18th out of 27) (and we’re 24th out of 25 for glass recycling, 21st out of 28 for paper and cardboard recycling)
– when it comes to producing nuclear waste, we’re #1!! Yay!! We produce more nuclear waste per person than any other OECD country!!
– in the bottom of the class when it comes to pesticide use
In short, we are hogs. We are stupid, don’t-give-a-damn pigs. We’re the ones to blame for so much of this climate change—the heat waves, the floods, the droughts, the high food prices. Our fault. Yup, fly your little flag. That’s it, wave it, smile… Ya stupid idiot.