The guy in the pick-up did not know if I was a lesbian. He apparently assumed so. Because…
(take your pick; they’re all exemplars of flawed reasoning)
– I do not live with a man.
– I am not married to a man.
– I am not a mother.
– I am not feminine in appearance or behavior.
– I have not made myself sexually available to any man he knows.
– I have not made myself sexually available to him.
(did i miss any?)
(oh, yes, i did)
– He just doesn’t like me.
– He knows I’m smarter than him.
– He knows I’m more competent than him.