“Homophobia is not actually straight men being afraid of gay men. It’s straight men afraid of any man treating them like they treat a woman.” quoted in Manifest: Transitional Wisdom on Male Privilege as a viral cartoon
- "The Inconsistency of Not Licensing Parents"
- "Assisted Suicide and Unassisted Suicide: What's the Difference?"
- "The Verbal and the Implicit: Forms of Violence?"
- "Legislating Prenatal Care"
- "We License Plumbers and Pilots - Why Not Parents?" At Issue: Is Parenthood a Right or a Privilege? ed. Stefan Kiesbye (Greenhaven, 2009); Current Controversies: Child Abuse, ed. Lucinda Almond (Thomson/Gale, 2006); Seattle Post-Intelligencer (October 2004)
- "A Humanist View of Animal Rights"New Humanist September 99; The New Zealand Rationalist and Humanist Winter 98; Humanist in Canada Winter 97
- "Permitting Abortion and Prohibiting Prenatal Harm: Reconciling the Contradiction" presented at the Bioethics and Medical Ethics Section at the Twentieth World Congress of Philosophy (August 1998)
- "Rational Bases of Identity: Toward Cultural Anarchy" Humanist in Canada Autumn 96
- "Identity Politics as a Transposition of Fraser's 'Needs Politics'" The International Journal of Applied Philosophy Summer/Fall 1996
- "Sexual Activity, Consent, Mistaken Belief, and Mens Rea" Philosophy in the Contemporary World 3.1 Spring 96
- "Suicide, Assisted Suicide, and Euthanasia: Issues of Consent" Humanist in Canada Spring 96
have been previously published in Canadian Woman Studies, Herizons, Humanist in Canada, The Humanist, and The Philosopher's Magazine - contact Peg for acknowledgement details.
- The Apartheid of Sex, Martine Rothblatt
- Breaking the Abortion Deadlock, Eileen L. McDonagh
- Compulsory Pregnancy, John M. Swomley
- Cracking the Gender Code, Melanie Stewart Millar
- Democracy's Oxygen, James Winter
- The Ethics of Genetic Control, Joseph Fletcher
- Euthanasia and Physician-Assisted Suicide, Dworkin, Frey, and Bok
- The Frailty Myth, Colette Dowling
- Galactic Rapture, Tom Flynn
- Is the Pope Catholic?, Joanna Manning
- Moral Panic, John Fekete
- Profiles of Female Genius, Gene N. Landrum
- Reincarnation, Paul Edwards
- Resources for Radicals, Brian Burch
- Small is Beautiful, E.F. Schumacher
- Who Stole Feminism, Christina Hoff Sommers
Impact An extended confrontation between a sexual assault victim and her assailants, as part of an imagined slightly revised court process, in order to understand why they did what they did and, on that basis, to make a recommendation to the court regarding sentence does not go … as expected.
What Happened to Tom Tom, like many men, assumes that since pregnancy is a natural part of being a woman, it’s no big deal: a woman finds herself pregnant, she does or does not go through with it, end of story. But then …
Aiding the Enemy When Private Ann Jones faces execution for “aiding the enemy,” she points to American weapons manufacturers who sell to whatever country is in the market.
Bang Bang When a young boy playing “Cops and Robbers” jumps out at a man passing by, the man shoots him, thinking the boy’s toy gun is real. Who’s to blame?
Foreseeable An awful choice in a time of war. Whose choice was it really?
Interested parties, please contact Peg
Exile (full-length drama) Finalist, WriteMovies; Quarterfinalist, Fade-In. LJ lives in a U . S. of A., with a new Three Strikes Law: first crime, rehab; second crime, prison; third crime, you’re simply kicked out – permanently exiled to a designated remote area, to fend for yourself without the benefits of society. At least he used to live in that new U. S. of A. He’s just committed his third crime.
What Happened to Tom (full-length drama) Semifinalist, Moondance. This guy wakes up to find his body’s been hijacked and turned into a human kidney dialysis machine – for nine months.
Aiding the Enemy (short drama 15min) When Private Ann Jones faces execution for “aiding the enemy,” she points to American weapons manufacturers who sell to whatever country is in the market.
Bang Bang (short drama 30min) Finalist, Gimme Credit; Quarter-finalist, American Gem. When a young boy playing “Cops and Robbers” jumps out at a man passing by, the man shoots him, thinking the boy’s toy gun is real. Who’s to blame?
Foreseeable (short drama 30min) An awful choice in a time of war. Whose choice was it really?
Boston Legal: Bang Bang (spec script) Semifinalist, Scriptapalooza.
My Life in Danger (short drama 3min) When does attempted rape warrant self-defence of deadly force?
Crime of Passion (short drama 3min) The perfect solution to crimes of “passion”
Night Moves (short drama 3min) A one-night stand turns into something much, much more.
The Hook (Up) (short drama 3min) An alternative version of “Night Moves”
The Missing Link (short comedy 3min) Two women and an alien enter a bar…
short video scripts
The Price is Wrong Remember “The Price is Right”? Well …
Take Care of Your Mom While I’m Gone She’s an adult. She needs a ten-year-old to take care of her?
Size Matters What if women were the taller sex? Ask any short man.
If Then The end of our lives as we know them. Can’t say we didn’t see it coming.
Are We Having Fun Yet? Anti-violence-on-tv public television spot
Home for the Holidays A Christmas reality show.
What is Wrong with this Picture? Nothing. There’s no reason women can’t be the superordinates and men the subordinates. But life’s not like that (yet).
The Mr. America Beauty Pageant A spoof of the Miss America Pageant
Minding Our Own Business A collection of skits (including “The Price is Not Quite Right,” “Singin’ in the (Acid) Rain,” “Adverse Reactions,” “The Band-Aid Solution,” and “See Jane. See Dick.”) with a not-so-subtle environmental message
Rot in Hell A soapbox zealot and an atheist face off…